Thesis is ‘do-it-yourself’ type of theme. You can customize thesis look and functionality with your own without hiring a developer. Thesis is well known for its air-tight SEO and easy to customize features. To start with Thesis you have to install and activate it on your WordPress powered blog.
Today we are going to show you steps used to install Thesis theme from WordPress administrator dashboard.
- Login to your blogs WordPress administration panel.
- Click Themes under Appearance section located on left sidebar of WordPress Dashboard.
- On this page click on ‘Install Themes’.
- You can search for WordPress free themes from WordPress theme directory on this page. But, as Thesis is a premium theme and you have to pay for that, WordPress doesn’t host Thesis (or any other Premium theme) on their server. After purchasing Thesis and download it on your personal computer in zip format, you are ready to upload it on web server. Use any FTP client (like FileZilla) to upload Thesis in themes directory of WordPress installation folder on your web server.
If you don’t have a FTP client and want to install Thesis just from your WordPress dashboard, then click on ‘Upload’ tab under ‘install Themes’ page. Browse for compressed (.zip) Thesis file on your system and click ‘Install Now’ button.
- After finishing installation process, click on activate link to use Thesis from now, or do it later when you are ready to use. If you have used FTP client to upload theme files, go to “Manage Themes” section under themes tab and activate Thesis theme to use it.
When you activate Thesis for your WordPress powered blog a new tab, Thesis, will appear just above ‘Appearance’ section. This has all the Thesis settings which you can manage right from Dashboard. Check them out to configure settings and give your blog fresh look.